- Stock #199432 -
One of kind custom Olson! Meticulously maintained! Many new upgrades! Loaded and ready to race!
This Custom One-Off 1979 Olson is in excellent condition and ready to sail.Olson 30 is the Ferrari of Ultralite Sloops because "fun is fast!" The owner has been racing sailboats for 50 years and says that when racing this Olson 30 if you don't win you will podium if you sail the boat correctly.
In So California, the Pacific Handicap Rating / PHRF rates the boat at 96.
This Olson includes:
- A complete racing inventory of sails
- New High Tech Running Rigging, Halyards & Sheets, etc- New Sheeves and Spreaders
- Spinnaker Track by Belanger Mast
All Mods by Craig at Elkhorn Composites:
- Custom Covers- New Harkin Self Tailing Winches
-Custom Bow & Stern Pulpits made from the highest
quality of Stainless Steel
- Custom Motor Mount
Everything has been designed to be the highest quality. She is the lightest, best laid out for racing very similar to the Melges Sports Boat.
- Finest Faired Bottom (epoxy).
- 3 D Trimming System
- Special Lifting System for Crane
The purchase of this Olson 30 includes a Custom Sailboat Trailer (GVW 10,900 lbs). The trailer is made of enclosed channel iron capable of hauling a 32 ft sailboat with a 7 ft draft centerboard or keel.
Also included is a custom no shock load lifting system. to lift the boat off the trailer and place her in the water.
Take the opportunity to own this high-value sailboat to enjoy sailing and racing adventures.
The owner has made the following modifications (cost of approximately $60K):
- Elkhorn composite performed the following, open cockpit,
closed all portlights.
- Sealed all holes which were closed from removing tow ---
rails, all tracks, pulpits, winches, cleats, and blocks.
- Reinforced the deck to the hull where the original tow ring
was to stiffen the hull.
- Filled in all the holes for compass and knot meter.
- Constructed custom companionway, foot supports on the
cockpit floor like the Melges boats
- Reinforced the mast step structure:
- Installed a 1 1/2" X 24" Aluminum plate with adjustable -
-New Deck Gel Coat
- Bottom faired and epoxy applied.
Buzz Ballenger Spars in Santa Cruz, CA did the following work (approx. $7K).
- Completely conditioned the mast- New sheets,
- New rod rigging
- New adjustable turnbuckles
- New Harkin 2000 self furling set up (set up for internal
- New Rudder
- Motor Mount
- 3 Dimensional Trimming System (like current sport boats)- Custom Beam of Destiny
- Custom Bow & Stern Pulpits (6061 Stainless)
- Custom Deck Ring for Lifting Hole ($550)
- All Halyards & Sheets are High Tech, Stripped & Tapered
- Full Custom Fit Deck Cover ($1800)
- Custom Lifting System (Stainless Steel Rod & Hook with
Dyneema Line to EliminateShock Load (No need to place any weight on the bow to keep it down. All adjustable for any lift which is much safer.)
- New Chain Plates- Everything backed with G-10
- Everything designed to be very efficient & quick to trim, adjust, etc.
Sail Inventory is Ullman:
- Main #1, #2, #3- Storm Sail- 4 Spinnakers
- Carbon Spinnaker Pole- Winch Handles
- Down Hulls
- Out Hulls
- Adjustable Back Stays
Custom Sailboat Trailer ($32K)
- GVW 10,900lbs
- Independent Torsion Axles (4)
- Electric Brakes
- Adjustable Stands to fit up to 32-35 foot sailboat with up
to a 7-foot draft.
- Mast supports
-Spare Tire with Mount
We are looking for people all over the country who share our love for boats. If you have a passion for our product and like the idea of working from home, please visit SellBoatsAndRVs [dot] com to learn more.
Please submit any and ALL offers - your offer may be accepted! Submit your offer today!
Reason for selling is moving.
At Pop Yachts, we will always provide you with a TRUE representation of every vessel we market. We encourage all buyers to schedule a survey for an independent analysis. Any offer to purchase is ALWAYS subject to satisfactory survey results. Contact us for a free BoatHistoryReport report on this vessel. We pay upfront for a report on every vessel possible, and we provide this peace of mind to our buyers at no charge and with no commitment. All you have to do is ask!
You have questions? We have answers. Call us at - Click here to reveal phone number -
2628 to discuss this boat.
Selling your boat has never been easier. At Pop Yachts, we literally sell thousands of units every year all over the country. Call - Click here to reveal phone number -
2805 and we'll get started selling your boat today.
Take a look at ALL ***192 PICTURES*** of this vessel on our main website at POPYACHTS DOT COM. We appreciate that you took your time to look at our advertisement and we look forward to speaking with you!...Read full description